Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Kuya Got a Star!

While on the jeep home, I received a text message from my husband, Marc, telling me that Kuya got a star from school. Of course, I was very excited. Who wouldn't? When a student gets a star, it's most likely because he or she did well in school. Maybe a question was answered correctly or a seatwork was done perfectly. Whatever it is, it must have been done right to deserve such an honor. 

I silently cursed at the traffic because I was in a real hurry to get home. I half-ran and half-walked the short distance from where the jeepney dropped me off to our apartment. When I got home, Kuya was beaming and he was showing me his hand, where the star was stamped on. It was a bright red star (as shown in the picture below). 


"Good job, Kuya!" I said. His smile got wider. 

Then, I asked the very important question: "Why did teacher give you a star?" To which he answered "Because EVERYONE gets star!"

My I'm-a-proud-parent-because-my-kid-got-a-star smile faded. I laughed a hearty laugh instead.

Thanks for being fair, Teacher Erica!

No comments:

Post a Comment