Thursday, June 19, 2014

5-Day's Worth in a Single Post

I decided to write just one post for all the crazy, fun and sweet things that took place this week as an excuse for neglecting this site. Hehehe

...so here you go:

15 June 2014


Without a doubt, Facebook has been so closely knit with our everyday living because it is the main reason why we remember events. I mean, seriously, if someone hasn't posted on FB, would you remember it's Father's Day? Perhaps 60% of you won't. That's the positive side of living in an era where technology is smart enough to remember dates we usually miss. 

But I've been thinking, were all those greetings posted actually read by their intended recipients? I doubt. Not all dads are on FB. I just hope those nice and touching messages of gratitude and respect were not just posted to show to the world that you appreciate your father. Your dad has to know about them too. 

In our family, we celebrate father's day everyday. Kuya Nathan and Baby Theo show Daddy their love with warm hugs and sloppy kisses. So thanks but no thanks, FB, we didn't need your reminder this time!

16 June 2014

It's Kuya's first day of school! 


Kuya has crossed the Rubicon! He has just started his very long journey to realize his dreams through education. Other kids (and parents) would cry on their first day of school because they fear being left alone in a new environment, but not Kuya. When I left him with his teacher, he smiled and even waved me goodbye. As soon as I got home last Monday night, I asked him what he did in school and he replied with a beam, "Eat cookies and drink juice!" (referring to his baon).

Anak, recess lang ang school? Hahaha

17 June 2014

Baby's gooey mess of a food was made richer and "fatter" with extra virgin olive oil. Following the advice of his gorgeous pedia gastro, we started adding a teaspoon of this nutrient-rich oil to his home-made food. Remember that Theo has a special diet because he was diagnosed with severe malnutrition following recurrent infections, SIBO and a malabsorption syndrome. Hence, every spoonful of food he eats must be as complete as possible. 

In addition, Theo stopped drinking from his bottle and he wouldn't take milk from the dropper either. Instead, he drank from a cup. Yes, our 6-month-old is now drinking straight from a cup. Kuya, upon seeing his baby brother, drinking milk from a cup, also stopped drinking his milk from the bottle. Talk about the younger influencing the older! Good job, boys! *proud mommy here*

(I shall upload a picture of both boys drinking milk from cups soon)

19 June 2014

I learned that Kuya is known as "tawa ng tawa" in school. I discovered this on Thursday morning when I took him to school. His classmate, upon seeing him, said, "O ayan na si Tawa ng Tawa" (Here comes the boy who keeps laughing). It would have been an innocent comment made by a child but for me, a parent who over-thinks, I couldn't help but be worried. 

Could it be that Kuya does not fully understand conversations he hears at school because they are in Tagalog; hence, he just smiles and laughs? Kuya speaks and understands only English and Bisaya. His Tagalog is almost zero. 

That simple comment hit me hard and I decided to start talking to Kuya in Tagalog. I don't want him to be known only as the boy who keeps laughing. I want him to be known for more than just that. 

And to cap this week's update, here's a picture of me and the boys saying "Good morning, World!"


'Til the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment